The Solar Village Project is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3) organization. We are actively assisting Indian and African families improve their lives through access, acquisition, maintenance and knowledge of solar power systems in homes with no other other power source. In today’s world, we believe electricity to be an essential resource, similar in importance to water, food, and shelter. Without it, people are marginalized. With it, people are empowered through light and access to information via their cell phones.
In August of 2014 The Solar Village Project implemented our first full scale village project, distributing 75 solar home lighting systems, one for every home in Gauterine Village located in Bihar India. Places like Gauterine are on the bottom of the socio-economic scale, with the people earning less than 2 dollars a day on average. This means the cost of a solar home lighting system is to expensive for them. But for just $50 you can give one home in one village ample, clean, bright light and the ability to charge their cell phones at home for the first time ever.
We are currently running a crowd funding campaign to raise $10,000 dollars on Generosity.com for our next round of projects in Senegal. Please help us reach our goal by donating now. All donations are tax deductible.
Why You Should Donate
- Our project implementation model is highly effective. By giving each home an individual solar power system we empower them to take ownership and responsibility for their own energy access. The units we provide are capable of providing power for many years.
- Without access to electricity kerosene is used for home lighting. A dangerous, unhealthy, ineffective and costly alternative to solar power.
- Our team of volunteers who live in the area’s where we work are there make sure that any problems with the solar home power systems are quickly fixed. This keeps the lights running in the villages and slowly but surely helps to cultivate a lifestyle where access to electricity is the norm.
$50 covers the cost of a complete solar home lighting system capable bringing ample light and power into a village home.
What your donation of $50 provides:
- 5 Powerful solar lights
- 1 Solar powered cell phone charger
- 1 Solar powered radio
- 1 5 Meter Light and Solar Panel Cable Connector
- 2 -Year full parts and service warranty.
The light on the left is the primary unit we will be using in our upcoming projects. Every home will receive one of these units. It comes with a 3 watt solar panel, a powerful 2 watt LED light, a phone charger, FM radio and mp3 player. It can provide up to 8 hours of clean bright light per day.
The light on the right is the supplementary light we will be using in our upcoming projects. Each home will receive 4 of these lights. It comes with a bright 1.5 Watt LED and a built in solar panel on top of the unit. It can provide up to 6 hours of light per day.
The Pahari and Chakar Fields Solar Village Project.
Please help by making a donation for those who have been left out when it comes to one the most basic and essential resources in today’s world, electricity. We are a fully certified 501 c3 tax exempt organization. All donations made to our online fundraiser and made directly to our organization are tax deductible. Please help us bring light and power to 2 more villages by donating now to the Pahari and Chakar Fields Solar Village Projects.
If you would like to learn more about the Solar Village Project, please contact us and we will reply at the earliest convenience: firstname.lastname@example.org